Link Worker – Supporting Dads.
Base: 26 Vicarage Road, Hereford HR1 2QN
Hours: 37.5 hours Mon – Fri, working flexibly – some evening work may be involved.
A part time option of 24 or 30 hours would be considered.
Pay: £23,286 – £27,575 per annum or pro rata (dependent on training and experience)
Term: Permanent, subject to funding.
Passionate about listening to, and supporting families?
At Vennture, we seek to come alongside families who are finding things tough and need support to overcome the barriers they are facing to reach their full potential.
You will be fully trained in our relational approach and supported to carry out the following duties and responsibilities…
- Come alongside families, and in particular Dads and find out what support they feel they need using Vennture’s personalised journey mapping tool
- Provide practical parenting and emotional support to help all members of the family build confidence and begin the journey of achieving sustainable change.
- Liaise and work with schools and other agencies who can offer support for the family.
- Establish and maintain effective working relationships with statutory and voluntary agencies to ensure a high standard of service to families
- Work within established procedures for handling information, both confidentially and taking account of safeguarding and assessing risk.
The benefits you will experience are….
- You will work within a strong supportive team of link workers and volunteers who are passionate about making a difference for families.
- You will work in our lovely riverside office, close to the city centre where there is plenty of space to work collaboratively and talk through problems over a piece of cake!
- You will have a fully supported induction programme and robust safe working protocols
- You will automatically be enrolled into Vennture’s workplace pension NEST and be covered by our non-contributory life insurance policy
- Membership of discount buying schemes
What we’re looking for…
- You will maybe have had experience of being a Dad, be resilient and be passionate about wanting to making a difference to children and families.
- You may have gone through family challenges and are keen to help others?
- It is important that you understand that parenting, and being a Dad, can be difficult and challenging and are able to work with diverse family situations in a non-judgemental way.
- We will provide opportunities for training, but any knowledge and experience of parenting, special needs, mental health, domestic abuse, isolation and loneliness will be beneficial to the role.
- You will have the ability to provide concise, accurate and informative written reports and verbal updates.
- You will have the ability to both work as a self-motivated individual and a team player
- You will need to be a car driver with access to a car.
If you are an inspirational and committed individual with a real desire to support people, we want to hear from you.
Full information can be found in the job description and person specification or for more details you can e mail email@example.com
Closing Date: Monday November 20, 5pm Interviews: Thursday December 7
Vennture adheres to Safer Recruiting principles and is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and young people and expects all employees and volunteers to share this commitment.
Vennture is committed to the promotion of equality of opportunity and to creating and sustaining an environment that values and celebrates the diversity of its board members, its employees and volunteers and that our services are accessible, equal and fair to all.This commitment is central to Vennture’s vision to ‘Love People Better’.